Thursday, September 22, 2011

Breakthrough

We all like the sound of that word. BREAKTHROUGH. It speaks of conquering, of victory, of receiving that promise we have been praying and believing for. But the truth is, nothing worth having comes easily. There is a battle involved, a struggle, and a word we don't like very much death.

But Jesus said in John 12:24-25, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn (grain) of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth (remains) alone: but if it die, it brings forth much fruit. He that loveth his life shall lose it; he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal."

I am finding more and more every day that I hate my life in this world and I am looking forward to the One to come. Jesus. He is my Life, my Way, and my Truth... and He IS coming. What a glorious day that will be!! But before He breaks through the heavens, we have breakthroughs to obtain here on earth.

This morning I had the thought, "Something has to die before there is a breakthrough." When a seed is planted in the earth, it dies. It has to push its way through the soil that is covering it to obtain its breakthrough. A baby in the womb also struggles to breakthrough into this world, the mother fighting along with him or her through the birthing process. She dies to herself to face the pain of bringing a new life into the world along with the joy to come, because with the breakthrough comes the joy

As Jesus hung on the cross, His blood flowed freely from His tortured body. When He died, the veil of the temple was rent. This was a sign of our breakthrough into the presence of our Father by Christ Jesus. Isn't that what happens when a woman gives birth? Through pain and blood a child is born into it's father's presence. This is how Jesus brought many sons (and daughters) into glory. (Hebrews 2:10)

As our Lord moves us from glory to glory there is a new battle at each level. He always calls us higher and going higher means obtaining another breakthrough. It seems it is always right at the breaking point that the battle intensifies.

There is the awesome truth concerning the battle. It isn't ours! The battle belongs to the Lord. He gives us the victory.(1Samuel 17:47) This doesn't mean we sit back and twiddle our thumbs. Our warfare is done with the Word of God.  GOD'S WORD is our GOD SWORD!!

Let me just share with you what my Lord spoke to me this morning as I was in His presence. He said, "The battle is going to become more intense as the day draws near. Gird up your mind for the battle. Be prepared. Don't let your gaurd down. Your enemy is prowling about. He seeks to devour My people. Throw up the ramparts. Feast on My Word. Weild the sword, rightly dividing the Word of Truth for the Truth shall set you free. And whom the Son sets free is free indeed." And what is Truth? IT IS WRITTEN!!!

He is my Strongtower and my Defense...
Dwelling in Him
Peggy

No comments:

Post a Comment