Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Power In Us

First of all, I want to thank each of you who have left me comments. I'm aware of the people that I know who read, but I have wondered if anyone else is reading or even finding this little blog. I have prayed that our Lord will send those He chooses to My Dwelling Place which, by the way, is Him. But I'm sure you know that!!

This morning I sat down with my bible, journal, and devotionals. I meditated on Romans 8:26-We know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. I believe God is showing me certain things because He wants me to intercede.

The Spirit of God spoke to me in church Sunday morning. I wondered if it was for the church or just for me. His word was, "Life and death are in the power of the tongue, the power to loose and to bind. Why do you bind My Spirit when you should be loosing Him into your life, into your circumstances? You wave the palms and shout Hosanna, then nail Me to the cross. I have risen, I am on My heavenly throne, I have given you power over all the power of the enemy. Today I loose you to move; to come to Me. I declare you are free."

There are parts of this my Lord has been speaking to me over and over. It's like He's saying to me, "I want you to really grasp this." As I've read this time after time, I began to realize how often I pray for someone or ask God for something, then I turn right around and speak negative words because my thoughts and feelings are negative. Somebody, please, put a bit in my mouth so I can turn this horse around!! We tend to walk by sight rather than by faith. Lord, how I need to turn that around.

James 3:3 speaks of putting a bit in the horse's mouth to control the direction they take. He goes on to tell us just how powerful our words are. They can direct our lives. How much differently we would speak if we really got hold of that truth!! I have the power to encourage or discourage, to bless or curse, to build up or tear down, to speak life or to speak death. That is an overwhelming responsibility but it belongs to every believer.

The second part of what my Lord spoke to me was connected to what He is trying to teach me. "You wave the palms and shout, "Hosanna." I am a very exuberant worshipper. I prefer to wave the banners (more on that later), but lately can only wave my hands, thus "the palms." Hosanna is the cry, "Lord save" or "Lord help, I pray." And is also interpreted as, "Praise to You." We know that some of those who cried out and worshipped Jesus as He entered Jerusalem, also cried out to crucify Him.

 As I prayed about what this was saying, He revealed to me that this too is a result of our words. We pray and cry out to our Lord over our circumstances, we worship Him openly, then turn around and crucify Him by speaking out negative or unbelieving words. WE tie His hands, so to speak. Our words hold the power of binding and loosing. He then reminded me, "I have risen, I am on My heavenly throne, I have given YOU power over all the power of the enemy."

Jesus has given us authority and power because He has given us His Name and His Word. His Word is the two-edged sword coming out of His mouth in Revelation 1. This is confirmed in Ephesians 6:17 and Hebrews 4:12. Our power is God's Word. So apparently the enemy's power would be his words which we know are nothing but lies. Yet we often get in agreement with him by speaking what he is saying to us rather that believing what God has said.

Well, I keep saying "we" but there may be some out there who aren't in my boat, if you don't have this problem, please pray diligently for those of us who do!! That means you never ever speak anything contrary to the Word of God or believe any lie of the enemy. I only pray that I could obtain that in this lifetime.

The last thing my Lord spoke to me was, "Today I loose you to move, to come to Me. I declare you free." I just had to look up the definition of LOOSE--to free or release from anything that binds or restrains, having freedom of movement. Oh, and the definition of FREE--not imprisoned or enslaved, having liberty because where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty (freedom), not being controlled by obligation to or the will of another/others, not being controlled or dominated by another/others... (These are some definitions I chose and worded my own way.) I have so been bound up and restrained by the opinions and judgement of others.

The church is supposed to be setting people free, yet, I am finding more and more that they are binding and putting restrictions on those whom Jesus has loosed. There are many in the church who are bound up by religious mindsets and their own ideologies. They attempt to force what they believe or don't believe upon others, mirroring the Sadducees and Pharisees of Jesus' day. Jesus said they "strained at a gnat and swallowed a camel." In Mark 7 Jesus chastises the Pharisees over the way they forced their traditions upon others. They considered their traditions to be equal to the writings of the Old Testament.

Our pastor began his sermon Sunday night with the words, "You are coming out!!"  2 Corinthians 6:16-18-And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God: as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. Wherefore come out from among them and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be My sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

We are the temple of God, He dwells IN us and we dwell IN Him. His Holy Spirit lives in our temple and prays in us and through us. Even when we don't know what to say, He is searching our heart and the heart of our Father and weaving it into spirit prayer because our minds cannot grasp all God desires for us or all God wants to do for us. He is able to do exceeding, abundantly, above all we could ask or think according to the power that works in us. (Ephesians 3:20)

No comments:

Post a Comment